Compliant with Scottish Law change in February 2022
Our alarms have been tested and certified to the following standards ensuring they are 100% compliant with the new Scottish Regulations:-
- Smoke Alarm - BS EN14604:2005
- Heat Alarm - BS 5446-2:2003
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm - British Kitemark EN 50291-1
Install with confidence that your property is in compliance with the law and insurance policies
New Scottish Regulations - Everything You Need to Know
Why is the law changing?
The Scottish Government voted to change the fire safety law from February 2022. The decision to raise the standard of fire detection in homes was made in light of the Grenfell tragedy in 2017.
All homes in Scotland must adhere to the new law or face potential fines and loss of home insurance.
What has changed?
The new law requires all homes in Scotland to have interlinked Smoke and Heat alarms as well as Carbon Monoxide alarms if your home contains any type of carbon fuel burning appliance.
• Heat Alarms – An interlinked heat alarm must be placed in every kitchen
• Smoke Alarms – An interlinked smoke alarm must be placed in the room that is most frequently used (i.e. Living Room) as well as further smoke alarms in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings.
• Carbon Monoxide Alarms – A Carbon Monoxide alarm must be placed in every room that contains a carbon fuelled appliance such as boilers, fires (including open fires), heaters or a flue.
Which alarms are compliant?
When purchasing new alarms they must have the correct specification, testing and certification as follows:-
• Heat Alarms - BS 5446-2:2003
• Smoke Alarms - BS EN14604:2005
• Carbon Monoxide Alarms - British Kitemark EN 50291-1
Each alarm must use a sealed and tamper-proof long life battery or be mains powered and installed by a qualified electrician. Mains powered alarms should be replaced every 10 years.
LINKD Alarms | 100% Compliant
At LINKD Alarms our alarms have been specifically designed to conform with the new Scottish Regulations. All our alarms are:-
• Wirelessly Interlinked
• Sealed & Tamper-proof 10 year battery
• Tested and Certified to BS 5446-2:2003, BS EN14604:2005 and to British Kitemark EN 50291-1
Purchase with confidence that your home is in compliance with the law and insurance policies
Advanced Bundle | For Large Homes
• 3 x Smoke Alarm, 1 x Heat Alarm, 1 x CO Alarm
• Ideal for Large Homes and Homes with Gas Boilers
• 100% Compliant with Scottish Law
• Wirelessly Interlinked
• 10 Year Battery Life
• Easy Setup
In Stock and ready to Dispatch!
All our alarms are carried in stock in our bespoke UK warehouse
All orders are dispatched within 1 working day (if not sooner!)
Standard Delivery - Free 2 - 3 day delivery
Nexy Day Delivery - Free on all orders over £100
All orders are sent via Tracked & Signed For service. You will receive email/SMS updates on your delivery and can track it online
5 Star Customer Service
If you have any questions about our alarms then feel free to reach out to our dedicated support via Phone or Email for fast and friendly and support
Our knowledgeable and highly experienced team are waiting to guide you through exactly:-
• What alarms you need to be compliant
• How to set up your system
• Where to install each alarm for maximum coverage and safety